General Testing Information
Join a Winning TeamApplications can be downloaded online
Applications Available Now
Saturday May 5, 2018. Sign-in begins at 7:30 am and closes at 8:00 am. Arrive with photo identification to sign-in. No late admittance. Testing will take place at the Geneva High School.
Orientation and Testing Information
- Salary: $66,673 starting salary
- Top end salary: $95,186 (after 8 years)
- Salary advancement considerations will be given to State certified applicants with police experience
- Overtime: Time and one-half after 8 hours/40 hours per week
- Double-time on Sundays and holidays
- Holidays: 14 paid holidays
- Insurance: Life Insurance (equal to 100 percent of annual wages); medical & dental Insurance (several options available)
- Pension: Geneva Police Pension Fund (includes disability coverage and retirement plan)
- Uniform Allowance: Complete initial uniform issue (minus soft body armor); then annually in accordance with contract.
- Requisite Training: Basic Law Enforcement
- Breath Analysis for Alcohol course
- Field Sobriety Testing (HGN) course
- John Reid Interview and Interrogation course
- Strategies and Tactics of Patrol Stops course
- Basic Traffic Accident Investigator’s course
- First-Responder Training course
- Emergency Vehicle Operator’s course
- Non-Lethal Weapons Certification Training courses
- Spanish for Police
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Not less than 21 years of age at time of application, and under 35 years of age at time of appointment.
- Must have at least an Associates Degree from an accredited college or university, or have successfully completed the State of Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Training course.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Possess a valid POWER test card, written examination and oral interview.
- Pass a polygraph test, psychological examination, medical examination, drug screening and extensive background investigation after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
Residency Must live within a 25-mile radius of Geneva's corporate limits by the end of the first 18 months of employment with the Geneva Police Department.
POWER test card A POWER test card can be secured at the following locations.
NIPSTA - Glenview www.nipsta.org
Triton College - 2000 Fifth Avenue, River Grove, IL 708-456-0300 www.triton.edu/power
|Sit & Reach||16.0||15.0||13.8||12.8||18.8||17.8||16.8||16.3|
|1 Minute sit up||37||34||28||23||31||24||19||13|
|Maximum Bench Press Ratio||.98||.87||.79||.70||.58||.52||.49||.43|
|1.5 Mile Run||13.46||14.31||15.24||16.21||16.21||16.52||17.53||18.44|