How Do I?...
Click to Home
Go To Search
Report an Outage
What do I do if a Power Outage Occurs? Light bulb
Check to see if your neighbors have power or if the street lights are still working. If they are, check your electrical panel for a blown fuse or a tripped circuit breaker. If you live in an apartment or condominium, check the circuit breaker near the meter. If the power is still out, call:    

  • Business Hours: Geneva Public Works Electrical Division at 630-232-1503 between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
  • After Hours: Geneva Police Department non-emergency number at 630-232-4736                                  

The Police Department will contact the on-call Electric Division staff. During normal business hours you can report a power outage online via the City's website.

Medical Alert 
It is important that residents who use life support equipment in their homes notify Tri-Com at 630-232-4739 so that special care can be taken to keep you informed during an extended outage.

How Do I Receive Outage Updates? 

In the event of a large power outage, information will be available via the City's: