How Do I?...
Click to Home
Go To Search
Special Event Applications
What is a Special Event?
Special Event means any transient amusement enterprise, outdoor temporary gathering, and any similar event that is to occur on City-owned or controlled property and/or requires support of City staff, financial or other resources, including but not limited to a fundraiser, theatrical exhibition, musical performance, public show, entertainment, amusement or other exhibition. 

Recently Approved Events
A list of recently approved Special Events can be found here

Permission to Hold a Special Event
If you will be holding an event (race/walk/etc.) that will utilize public streets and sidewalks, or other public right of ways, you must submit a Special Events Application. Approval may be granted by Geneva City Council at least six weeks prior to your event date or by the Administrative staff. Events of high impact must receive City Council approval, smaller events may be approved administratively.

If you are holding a special event, please read our
Special Event Policy and submit the associated application below.

Special Event Application
Large events and festivals require approval from City Council. It is recommended applications are submitted at least 60 days prior to the desired event date. Application.

Administrative Approval Application
There are some instances where a permit may be issued administratively. Low impact events include: sidewalk sales, use of parking spaces, and requests via tag, or “candy days” on the corner, Walk/Runs on pre-approved routes, and events held on private property. Application.

Parade, March, Assemblage, or Gathering Application (PMAG)
The City of Geneva requires a permit for any parade, march, assemblage or gathering (PMAG), other than a funeral procession which occurs on any public street, alley or other public way. Application. 

Block Parties
Block parties are exempt from filing an event application.

Car Washes

Fundraising car washes are exempt from filing an event application but organizers should contact the Geneva Police Department for approval, and the Geneva Water Division for low-suds soap.