The biggest component of the City's 2021 street maintenance program is the water main and road reconstruction project slated for Greenwich, Normandy and Andover lanes on the City's west side. Construction will start in mid-May and is anticipated to be completed by mid-August, weather permitting.
The City notified impacted residents in April and held public meetings May 11-13 to address questions and concerns. Even though the City's records indicate there are no lead water services for homes in the neighborhood, the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency required the City to send a letter in early June in case some homes internal piping and fixtures contain lead.
A separate water main project is slated for Seventh Street north of State Street, but work is not expected to impact residents or businesses.
Resurfacing & Patching Projects
The City's 2021 street program also includes resurfacing and patching projects throughout various portions of the City. Work began in mid-May and was completed in June on the following roadways:
- Caldwell Lane
- Samantha Circle
- Merganzer Court
- Brookway Drive
- Winthrop Lane
- Sudbury Lane
- Country Club Place
- Bilarda Court
- Marion Court
- James Street from River Lane to First Street
- Heartland Drive east of Westhaven Drive to Peck Road
Week of July 26
Here is the latest information regarding the water main improvement project at Greenwich, Andover and Normandy lanes:
- Construction crews started paving the first lift of asphalt July 21 and completed the process July 22.
- Driveway repairs have begun and are expected to be finished the week of July 26.
- Landscape restoration work will commence after the driveways have been repaired.
As a reminder, all construction is subject to change due to inclement weather.