The original item was published from June 17, 2022 4:20 PM to June 20, 2022 3:40 PM
The weather has finally turned for the better, and it is nice to see so many residents and visitors out and about enjoying the many amenities the City of Geneva has to offer.
Summer also brings an increase in both pedestrian and motor vehicle traffic to many areas within our community. This is a good time to remember some basic safety tips as we head into the summer driving season.
- Do not use electronic devices unless they can be used hands-free. Distracted driving is a factor in many traffic crashes;
- Always wear your seatbelt;
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. There are many transportation alternatives;
- Watch for motorcycles; and
- Stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk. With many special events being held in Geneva, traffic congestion can be very heavy in the same areas where many pedestrians are present.
Following these common-sense safety tips can go a long way towards assisting us in assuring that everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer.
Thank you and please be safe.