The original item was published from October 6, 2022 2:26 PM to October 6, 2022 2:37 PM
Recommended trick-or-treating hours will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31 in Geneva.
As a reminder, Halloween is not a City of Geneva holiday. The City does not provide guidance as to the cancellation of Halloween events due to weather. While Halloween weather can be very unpredictable, the decision to trick-or-treat is left to the discretion of individual families.
The Geneva Police Department would like to highlight the following Halloween safety measures:
- If you choose to hand out candy, please turn on your porch light.
- If you choose to not participate, please turn your porch light off.
- Trick-or-treat with a group if possible.
- Make sure trick-or-treaters have a clear field of vision; wear light-colored costumes or incorporate reflective tape into their costume.
- Use caution when crossing streets and check all directions for cars.
- Do not enter any homes.
- Check all treats once you arrive back home. Only eat unopened candy that is in its original packaging.
- Respect others and their property.
We hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable Halloween. If you should have any questions please contact the Geneva Police Department at 630-232-4736.