The City of Geneva is looking residents interested in dedicating their time and talents to serve on three of its volunteer advisory boards.
The City has a vacant seat on each of the following boards and commissions:
• Zoning Board of Appeals – Reviews requests for zoning variations regarding a potential hardship or practical difficulty that the City’s zoning ordinance may impose on a property.
• Fire and Police Commission – Charged with making all full-time appointments to Geneva’s Fire and Police Departments, excluding the chief positions.
• Strategic Plan Advisory Committee – Prioritizes community goals outlined in the City’s strategic plan, encourages citizen input and assists with goal implementation.
Residents interested in serving on one of the City’s volunteer boards should submit an application along with a letter of interest to Mayor Kevin Burns, Geneva City Hall, 22 S. First St., Geneva, IL 60134. The envelope should include a reference to the specific board being sought.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered for the position:
• Be a legal U.S. citizen;
• Be a registered voter;
• Have no felony convictions; and
• Be current on taxes and payments to the City.
Mayor Burns will review all the applications and bring forward nominations to the City Council for a formal vote.
An application and more information about each board can be found on the City’s website (see link below).