The Geneva Police Department announced downtown street closures and parking restrictions will be implemented to accommodate the new home of the Festival of the Vine.
The festival runs from Friday to Sunday, Sept. 9-11 on both sides of the historic Kane County Courthouse, 100 S. Third St. The Flavor Fare/Entertainment stage will be situated on James Street while the Arts & Crafts show will take place on Campbell Street.
The following roadways will be closed to through traffic starting on the following evenings:
Wednesday, Sept. 7
- James Street from Third to Fifth streets;
- Fourth Street from West State (Route 38) to James streets;
- Campbell Street from Third to Fourth streets.
Parking lot access to local businesses will remain open on James and Fourth streets.
Additional parking restrictions scheduled to go into effect late Sept 9 are:
- Fifth Street – both sides of the roadway from James Street to the middle of the block;
- James Street – five spots on the south side west of Third Street.
- Campbell Street from Fourth to Fifth streets.
All road closures and parking restrictions will remain in place through the conclusion of Festival of the Vine on Sept. 11. People should not remove the temporary “no parking” signs posted on wooden stakes since the restrictions are meant to provide a safe environment for festival patrons.
The Geneva Police Department appreciates the public’s patience and hopes everyone has a safe and enjoyable festival experience. For more information about Festival of the Vine, visit the Geneva Chamber of Commerce’s website.