How do I start and/or stop my utility (electric, water and sewer) service?
The City of Geneva requires a minimum notification period of two business days to start and/or stop utility service.

There are two ways you can start/ stop your utility service:
• Call the Finance Division at 630-232-0854
• Visit the Finance Division office at 15 S. First St. Business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.

You will be required to pay a refundable security deposit upon completion of the application process which is refunded upon completion of two-year period of good payment history. A letter will be sent to the new address requesting payment of the utility deposit.

Show All Answers

1. How do I start and/or stop my utility (electric, water and sewer) service?
2. How do I pay for my utility bill?
3. I received a yellow "Past Due Notification Letter," can I make payment arrangements?
4. My utility service has been disconnected, what should I do?
5. What if I dispute a charge on my City utility bill?
6. What are the current electric rates?
7. What are the current water and sewer rates?
8. How do I check my water usage?
9. How do I check for water leaks?
10. Who are the utility service providers within City of Geneva?
11. What is the cost of recycling?
12. Who provides garbage pickup service?
13. What is the City of Geneva Giving Program?