Report an Outage

What do I do if a Power Outage Occurs? Light bulb

Check to see if your neighbors have power or if the street lights are still working. If they are, check your electrical panel for a blown fuse or a tripped circuit breaker. If you live in an apartment or condominium, check the circuit breaker near the meter. If the power is still out, call:

  • Business Hours: Geneva Public Works Electrical Division at 630-232-1503 between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
  • After Hours: Geneva Police Department non-emergency number at 630-232-4736
The Police Department will contact the on-call Electric Division staff. During normal business hours you can report a power outage online via the City's website. Under Request Tracker, Public Works Electric Division, please select the Power Outage (Full, Partial, Other) form to enter in information.

Medical Alert

It is important that residents who use life support equipment in their homes notify Tri-Com at 630-232-4739 so that special care can be taken to keep you informed during an extended outage.

How Do I Receive Outage Updates?

In the event of a large power outage, information will be available via the City's: