Water Treatment Plant

Water treatment Plant

The City's Water Treatment Facility was completed in 2008. It is located at 4000 Keslinger Road. The $24 million project was primarily financed with low-interest loans through the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
 
To meet the future needs of the community, an investment was made in the best municipal treatment technology available, reverse osmosis, which meets current drinking water standards as well as any future regulations.
 
Residents can learn about the history of the City's Water Treatment Plant online. Prior to 2008, deep and shallow well water was treated for iron and manganese, disinfected, and sent to the distribution system with a very high hardness level. Now, roughly 85% of the deep and shallow well water is treated by reverse osmosis, with the other 15% blended in the final product to go into the distribution system.
 
The Water Treatment Facility produces final drinking water at a hardness of five to seven grains, which allows residents, commercial accounts and industries to reduce or eliminate the need for additional treatment equipment like water softeners.
 
For any other information about the Water Treatment Plant, contact the Water Department at 630-232-1551. Public Works offices are open from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. The annual water quality report (Consumer Confidence Report), which represents data from the previous year, is posted online each summer.